Thursday, September 11, 2014

Patriot Day 9/11/2014



Patriot Day 9/11/2014 Omaha NE

During my first year of golf ( 1965 ) I read about a a hole-in-one recorded at The Miracle Hills Golf Course in Omaha. Bob Mitera aced the 10th hole from 444 yards and set a record for the longest hole-in-one ever. Not until my 50th golf season in 2014 did I get the opportunity to play "the Hole".




Ironically we started on the 10th hole, but I got a 5. The course  was in great shape despite heavy rains the past few days.

From there I traveled over to the Warren Swigart Golf Course near  90th and Maple. It is a par 3 flat course that has also been hammered by heavy rains lately and was a muddy track.  Small, slow greens made it difficult to score but was an easy walk.

Heading west on Maple to 120th is the Knolls Golf Course. Water comes into play on several holes and a steep ditch meanders through the front nine which really helped in the drainage of this weeks heavy rains.




Causal water formed a lot of pooling in the wide contoured fairways but the large greens made for good targets. 

Finished up the day on Maple Street at Eagle Run with the Meadows course. This area of Omaha did not get the heavy rains that I had to tread though earlier in the day. The Meadows is a par 3 of 100 to 140 yard holes in a well manicured layout. 



It was a good exercise for the short irons, but the slow greens had me leaving several birdies putts short.

Scoreboard: 78 courses played

Miles Driven: 110

Total Miles since 7/21/2014: 516


No comments:

Post a Comment