Monday, July 4, 2016

Old Dane Course

06/28/2016

Recently I learned that the previously closed Iron Horse Golf Course in Dakota City had been reopened as The Old Dane Course. When my sister and golf Bro Don lived in the Sioux City area I had driven by Iron Horse many times but never played it. Another reason for visiting Siouxland was to pick up a scorecard at South Ridge in South Sioux City that I had played several times with golf Bro Don. I had some time so I played South Ridge one more time. When I reached the 6th hole I looked to the sky for the 'Golf Gods' to help me duplicate Don's ace in 1961 when he was 10 years old. At the time he was the youngest to record an ace at South Ridge. But the most important reason for a trip to northeast Nebraska was to visit my mom in Norfolk and paint her basement stairwell.




The Old Dane Course is a links style course with wide mounded and flat fairways and large elevated undulated greens that plays to 6800 yards from the championship tees. An easy enjoyable walk awaits you at the Old Dane Course.
















Next Stop: Mom's house in Norfolk

06/30/2016

After two days of painting at my Moms, I decided to take up a relatives invite to Evergreen Hill GC in Battle Creek for breakfast and a two man scramble. Had not played Evergreen since the late 90's. 
A good time was had by all!!


Headed home for Lincoln after play was complete. 

Score Card: 187 courses played

Miles Driven: 366

Total Miles since 7/21/2014: 9184

No comments:

Post a Comment