Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Back to Omaha area

Before I finished up the Omaha area in 2015, I called Willow Lakes Golf Course in Bellevue that is part of the Offutt Air Force Base, but I was told that the course is restricted to Military personnel,  employees and their guests.  Recently I as talking to a former high school classmate about our upcoming 50th class reunion when it dawned on me that Rick is a former Air Force Officer and plays golf. I now have a tee time with Rick for Aug 2nd at Willows Lakes!

08/02/2016



Robert Trent Jones, Sr has designed over 500 courses around the world but Willow Lakes is the only one in Nebraska. He turned this flat piece of ground into a challenging course with green-side bunkers on all holes and fairways sand on most with water coming into play on over half of the holes. Most of the greens are small and flat with slight breaks. The finishing green is two tiered. 







My playing partner Rick had an ace on this hole a few years ago!







Score Card: 196 courses played


Miles Driven: 101

Total Miles since 7/21/2014: 9963

No comments:

Post a Comment