Monday, April 20, 2015

Fremont Area



04/14/2015

Another perfect day in early April! Headed out to Hooper and arrived about 11am. The course is flat but has large cottonwoods throughout and water comes into play on the 1st ,2nd and 5th holes. Nice large undulated greens can leave long putts if you do not hit the correct shots. The par 3's have some length.








I had called the Fremont Country Club earlier and was told that non-members have to play with a member and I do not know any members there.

I headed south back through Fremont to Whitetail Run on the south side of the Platte river. It must have been my lucking day. After seeing the hills and elevation changes, I was elated when they had a special for cart and green fees. Could not pass that up! The course has generous fairways and nice sized greens, but the real test was the par 3's that average 188 yds (3) and the par 4's average 285 but some require layups because of the trees and hills.Did not see any deer but plenty of turkeys sounding off in the woods.





Two miles south is Valley View Golf Course. Looked like an easy walk so off I went. The first hill was down hill and then flat from 2 through 8. Most holes were tree lined and short, but the greens had a bad winter and need some work. They had done a nice job saving old trees with some carvings.










When I got to the 9th tee, I realized that a long par 5 uphill was the the only way out of the valley! Not only was it long but very steep up to the green. I stopped more than once to catch my breath!

Score Card: 99 courses played

Miles Driven: 141

Total Miles since 7/21/2014: 1915




No comments:

Post a Comment