Monday, April 20, 2015

Real Spring has returned



04/13/2015

Decided to re-visit a few places that were not open during the "January golf season". This time I was able to make phone contact with Fox Hollow in Sutton, York Country Club, Sandy Meadows in Waco, Elkhorn Valley in Hooper and both courses south of Fremont.

Arrived in Sutton at 11am Monday morning to a locked door. But I was not worried as the maintenance crews were working on the course. The course manager arrived a few minutes later. I mentioned that I was the guy who called him from the course in January and he gave me a complimentary round. I thanked him and headed to the first tee.




As you can see the fairways are very generous and large undulated greens were very receptive to iron shots. The 6th hole is one of the few 600 yard holes in the state.  It was an easy walk of gentle rolling hills.  Water hazards are in play on three of the holes.


Back to the road and a short drive to York Country Club.  It is a traditional tree lined country club with small round greens that are quite flat.  Most of the holes are crossed by a creek that meanders through the course.




My last stop of the day was a short drive east of York to exit 360 south of Waco. After seeing the very hilly layout from the clubhouse at Sandy Meadows, I decided that my legs have had a good workout and took a cart. A very short and hilly course with well placed hazards and table top small greens that demand accurate shots for par.





Score Card: 96 courses played

Miles Driven: 177

Total Miles since 7/21/2014: 1774


No comments:

Post a Comment