Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Finishing off the North Central Area and cleaning gutters!



05/12/2016

My mother keeps informed of golf articles in the Norfolk paper. Recently she sent me an article about a 4 hole artificial greens course in Petersburg. It was not listed in my publications of Nebraska Golf courses so I decided I needed to play it.



The course is located in the Petersburg city park and has 4 holes. The course winds through the pines
with small, flat greens.

Next Stop: O'Neill


O'Neill Country Club is a well manicured course with generous tree-lined fairways and large contoured fast greens. Today the wind was blowing 25-30 mph which made it difficult to keep the ball online with the target. Coupled with the fact that the championship tees are 3700 yards and the senior tees are 3200 yards made for tough club selection.  




Next Stop: Norfolk and Mom's home cooking!

Last year I made a list of Nebraska course that I had played early in my golfing years but I did'nt have a score card from.  On the way to Norfolk from O'Neill I stopped in Neligh at the Antelope CC to pick up a scorecard where I had played 50 years ago!  When I got to my mother's house, she had the ladder out front and I knew what I had to do. She has four large elm trees in her yard and with the recent winds the gutters and roof were full of twigs and leaves. After about two hours of up and down on the ladder, I had the front and back gutters cleaned out!

SCORE CARD: 164 courses played

Miles Driven: 277

Total Miles since 7/21/2014: 7008


No comments:

Post a Comment